kjv@Revelation:14:12 @ Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
thread begun by rRandyP
kjv@Matthew:11:20 @ Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not;
kjv@Matthew:11:21 @ Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
kjv@Matthew:11:22 @ But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
kjv@Matthew:11:23 @ And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell; for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
kjv@Matthew:11:24 @ But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
Today's notes: Upbraiding Where Mighty Works Were Done
- Before - What went you to see
- After - take my yoke
What is man believing/doing?:
- observing/partaking of mighty works but not repenting
What is making man to believe/do as he is doing?:
- failure to associate previous judgments as being applicable to themselves
- the sense that everything continues as before
- the sense that mighty works are deserved or given for harmless reasons
What does this say about our present condition?
- Grand scale judgment is something given to others not to one's own city. Justification has reduced and minimized and compartmentalized the burden of proof and thus the burden of guilt.
- Grand scale judgment is held as a former angry God notion and not in the repertoire of the new kindler gentler God. Blessings are given free of strings or attachments.
- A long held notion that health, wealth, fertility, prosperity and healing come to those inline with God, they are a product of doing right, worshiping the right form of god, a reward for peaceableness/godliness. The lack of these blessing is therefore held as a indication of sin or God's displeasure. The conclusion made is that the others having nothing to repent of because they are not needing their own mighty work.
index:FAITHOFJESUSDEVOTION - Devotional Index
strkjv@Matthew:11:20-24 rwp@Matthew:11:20-24 mhcc@Matthew:11:20-24
FaithOfJesus2 - Devotion Index