kjv@Revelation:14:12 @ Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
thread begun by rRandyP
kjv@Matthew:5:1 @ And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
kjv@Matthew:5:2 @ And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
kjv@Matthew:5:3 @ Blessed are the poor in spirit; for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
kjv@Matthew:5:4 @ Blessed are they that mourn; for they shall be comforted.
kjv@Matthew:5:5 @ Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth.
kjv@Matthew:5:6 @ Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness; for they shall be filled.
kjv@Matthew:5:7 @ Blessed are the merciful; for they shall obtain mercy.
kjv@Matthew:5:8 @ Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God.
kjv@Matthew:5:9 @ Blessed are the peacemakers; for they shall be called the children of God.
kjv@Matthew:5:10 @ Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake; for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
kjv@Matthew:5:11 @ Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
kjv@Matthew:5:12 @ Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven; for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
- Before - fame throughout all
- After - salt, city,light
What is man believing/doing?:
- sitting with Jesus long enough to hear a complete sermon, going in with varied expectations, leaving astounded in one sense or another.
- operating largely in fashion that is not divinely blessed. At best it is puffed up, self righteous, unmerciful, corrupt, cantankerous, indifferent to the persecution of truer seekers even to contempt, or worse.
- has history of treating the previous prophets established by God in similar manner.
What is making man to believe/do as he is doing?:
- interest, need, preparation of John the Baptist
- unfamiliarity/rejection of Jesus
- having not been taught or resisting the teaching as modeled by Jesus and prophets. The emblematic model of Jesus is presented in His baptism as lived forward unto His ultimate baptism crucifixion.
- continuance of the historical behavior
- unbalanced view of self worth in relation to God.
- nominal faith working toward this by own resource (as is a fruit of the Spirit not man), impatience for reward, abhorrence of persecutions.
- seeing this life as the only life in which to receive this. Seeing persecution against it as evidence against it.
What does this say about our present condition?
- What is blessed in God's eye is largely rejected and persecuted (actively or passively) in man's.
- The intention of being/becoming happy is universal, most see the intention as the primary goal to serve rather than the inherent outcome of serving the living God.
- context of man being incapable by own means to establish/maintain/advance countered by the need to rely upon the capability of God.
index:FAITHOFJESUSDEVOTION - Devotional Index
strkjv@Matthew:5:1-12 rwp@Matthew:5:1-12 mhcc@Matthew:5:1-12
FaithOfJesus2 - Devotion Index