kjv@Revelation:14:12 @ Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
thread begun by rRandyP
kjv@Matthew:5:43 @ Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
kjv@Matthew:5:44 @ But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
kjv@Matthew:5:45 @ That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven; for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
kjv@Matthew:5:46 @ For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
kjv@Matthew:5:47 @ And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
kjv@Matthew:5:48 @ Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Today's notes: On the Just and Unjust
- Before - On the Just and Unjust
- After - Left hand know
What is man believing/doing?:
- loving/speaking well of/doing good unto/saluting their countrymen/brethren/friends
- doing the opposite for their enemies
What is making man to believe/do as he is doing?:
What does this say about our present condition?
- The easiest path is to avoid or ignore or tolerate enemies, the most common to defend against or confront. Loving/speaking well of/doing good unto/saluting enemies is felt almost to give them credit or to build them up with undeserved esteem.
- To seek to not have enemies is not possible in this case, not because it is not our intention, but because it is far from the spiritual reality. Often our efforts at praise project forward as condescension; the key has to be it coming equally upon all with clear and perfect heart which takes much of His work upon us.
- Even Christians in every other sense will back off what the Church is to represent because it immediately makes for more enemies. They will purposely side with complaints against it in order to represent an individualism that Christians don't have to be so disagreeable, as if unintentionally to be friends with Christ's enemies.
index:FAITHOFJESUSDEVOTION - Devotional Index
strkjv@Matthew:5:43-48 rwp@Matthew:5:43-48 mhcc@Matthew:5:43-48
FaithOfJesus2 - Devotion Index