1. Brotherly Kindness
Quoted resource: strongs 'G5360'
- strkjv@1Peter:1:22 @ Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren G5360, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
- strkjv@1Thessalonians:4:9 @ But as touching brotherly love G5360 ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
- strkjv@2Peter:1:7 @ And to godliness brotherly kindness G5360; and to brotherly kindness G5360 charity.
- strkjv@Hebrews:13:1 @ Let brotherly love G5360 continue.
- strkjv@Romans:12:10 @ Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love G5360; in honour preferring one another;
- MAJOR SUBJECTS:
- GOD IS/IS OF GOD kjv@1John:4:7-8 kjv@1John:4:16 kjv@2Corinthians:13:11 kjv@2Corinthians:13:14 kjv@2John:1:3 kjv@Ephesians:2:4 kjv@Jude:1:21
- OF/IN TRUTH kjv@2Thessalonians:2:10 kjv@Ephesians:4:15
- IN/OF CHRIST kjv@1Corinthians:16:24 kjv@1Timothy:1:14 kjv@2Corinthians:5:14 kjv@2Timothy:1:13 kjv@Ephesians:1:4
- OF HOLY SPIRIT kjv@Romans:15:30
- BESTOWED ON BY FATHER kjv@1John:3:1 kjv@Colossians:1:13 kjv@Romans:5:5
- DIRECTED INTO kjv@2Thessalonians:3:5
- OF THE FATHER WITHIN kjv@1John:2:15 kjv@1John:3:17
- TOWARD HIM kjv@2Corinthians:2:8 kjv@Philemon:1:5
- PERCEIVED/MANIFEST IN HIS SACRIFICE kjv@1John:3:16 kjv@1John:4:9-10 kjv@Ephesians:5:2 kjv@Galatians:5:22 kjv@Romans:5:8
- MANIFEST IN SAINT'S AFFLICTIONS kjv@2Corinthians:2:4 kjv@2Corinthians:6:6
- COVERS MULTITUDE OF SIN kjv@1Peter:4:8
- GREATEST OF ALL GIFTS kjv@1Corinthians:13:13
- NEVER CEASES kjv@1Corinthians:13:8
- LEAVING/SEPARATED FROM kjv@Revelation:2:4 kjv@Romans:8:35 kjv@Romans:8:39
- FOLLOWED AFTER kjv@1Corinthians:14:1 kjv@1Timothy:6:11 kjv@2Timothy:2:22
- CONTINUE IN kjv@1Timothy:2:15 kjv@Ephesians:3:17
- PERFECTED IN OBEDIENCE/BOLDNESS kjv@1John:2:5 kjv@1John:4:12 kjv@1John:5:3 kjv@Colossians:3:14
- IS END GOAL OF COMMANDMENT kjv@1Timothy:1:5 kjv@Galatians:5:13 kjv@Hebrews:10:24 kjv@Philippians:1:9 kjv@Romans:13:10
- BOLDNESS/NO FEAR IN kjv@1John:4:17-18 kjv@2Timothy:1:7
- BREASTPLATE OF FAITH AND kjv@1Thessalonians:5:8
- LABOR/WORKS OF kjv@1Thessalonians:1:3 kjv@Hebrews:6:10 kjv@Revelation:2:19
- TOWARDS SAINTS kjv@2Corinthians:8:7-8 kjv@2Corinthians:8:24 kjv@3John:1:6 kjv@Colossians:1:4 kjv@Colossians:1:8 kjv@Ephesians:1:15 kjv@Philemon:1:5 kjv@Philippians:2:1-2
- ABOUND IN ONE TOWARD ANOTHER kjv@1Thessalonians:3:12 kjv@2Thessalonians:1:3 kjv@Colossians:2:2 kjv@Ephesians:4:16 kjv@Jude:1:2
- ALL THINGS DONE WITH kjv@1Corinthians:16:14 kjv@2John:1:6
- BE EXAMPLE OF kjv@1Timothy:4:12 kjv@2Timothy:3:10 kjv@Ephesians:4:2 kjv@Romans:14:15 kjv@Titus:2:2
- ESTEEM HIGHLY FOR WORKS THEIR SAKE kjv@1Thessalonians:5:13 kjv@Philemon:1:7 kjv@Philemon:1:9
- LOVE AS OPPOSSED TO CORRECTION/KNOWLEDGE kjv@1Corinthians:4:21 kjv@1Corinthians:8:1 kjv@Ephesians:3:19
- CHARITY IN REGARDS TO SPIRITUAL GIFTS kjv@1Corinthians:13:1 kjv@1Corinthians:13:2 kjv@1Corinthians:13:3 kjv@Galatians:5:22
- SUFFERS LONG kjv@1Corinthians:13:4 kjv@Philippians:1:17
- IS KIND kjv@1Corinthians:13:4 kjv@2Peter:1:7
- ENVIETH NOT kjv@1Corinthians:13:4
- BOASTETH NOT/NOT PUFFED UP kjv@1Corinthians:13:4 kjv@Jude:1:12
- BE WITHOUT DISSIMULATION kjv@Romans:12:9
- GREET WITH KISS OF kjv@1Peter:5:14
- GOOD TIDINGS OF kjv@1Thessalonians:3:6 kjv@Ephesians:6:23
- SimonPeter - Our love for God is little or nothing until we know of God's love for us. Surely Peter had a love for God even before he took off for a three year discipleship at Jesus' invitation. Surely Peter loved God (and felt loved by God) during those three years, especially seeing first hand the marvelous and loving things that God had done through Jesus for others and his own family. There came a moment however during that time that Peter's love for God began to really change; the time when the Holy Spirit directly revealed to him that Jesus is God in the flesh and that He (Jesus) was being led of the Father to die for Peter's sins and the sins of all mankind. At first none of us knows what to make of that, neither did Peter, it is not love that would be had on our own terms. Peter continued to have much difficulty with this notion up until the time that Jesus not only died for all sin, but as it pleased the Father was raised again from death and ascended to the right hand throne of God. Now the love God has is real, more real than any love we could have manufactured for ourselves.
- ServantApostleOf - You could imagine a king giving a message to a servant first asking "do you love me?" to which when met with approval commands "then deliver this message exactly as I tell you". Does that servant love the king if he rather goes his own way and never leaves the palace toward his delegated destination? What of a son that for forty-five years has done his mom wrongfully stealing from her her very last dime? With love there must be a reciprocal level of response; the dreaded words obedience. People can say all that they want about their love and tie their words in a pretty bow; without the corresponding actions their words are but a vapor. When God commands "love your neighbor" it is not just any love anyone else God fearing or not could come up with, it is not just any fluffy words to make someone else feel better, it is with the love with which Christ first loved us with. Else then why would HE command it? HE would be in effect be saying "vapor your neighbor as you have vapored yourself".
- FaithObtainedThroughRighteousnessGodSavior - If we were to remove the references to God in this AgapeLove from the mix the list would be quite small you see because it claims that God is Agape, Agape is bestowed from Father, it is in Christ, perceived in His sacrifice, of the Holy Spirit, that we are directed into it by this Agape. Further it must be injected that without righteousness also included God's love would mean very little. It is not just that God said that HE loves us, it is that God proved that HE loved even against every man-made and satanic opposition to HIM proving it. It is not just any nebulous form of love man desires for himself without any demands or consequences, it is a love righteous enough to be eternal without having to go back through all of this madness, selective enough not to be much diminished and contemptible. It is a righteousness for love and a love for righteousness. And it is God's love not the love of those who love God not.
- GracePeaceMultipliedKnowledgeGodJesus - You might be at grace and peace with the fact that God loves you. You might be at grace and peace with your love for God. It seems that most sinners are. Let's turn the question around for a moment! Is God at grace and peace with you and your love as expressed for HIM? You certainly can imagine if a husband is at grace and peace with the way that his marriage is going and his wife is not. It is the back bone of the Bible message that God is not at grace and peace with man's affections and efforts because there is so much more that HE has called each of us to be. HE is though at grace and peace with the affections and effort of HIS Son, therefore those that faithfully believe in and serve HIS Son are being changed by the image of HIS Son through the work of the Holy Spirit; HE is at grace and peace that the process is moving forward toward completion in a few, but not at grace in peace that it is not moving at all in all the rest. It is better for us to think in these terms of this process so that we don't become complacent or neglectful. If there is to be any grace and peace for us in regards to our position currently in God's greater grace and peace with us it is in the ability of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit to eventually mold us as best they see fit.
- DivinePowerGivenAllThingsLifeGodliness - Could God be loving the fact that HE has given us all things pertaining to life and godliness and that we have corrupted every single one of those things? Could HE be loving the fact that HE has gone out of HIS way to make HIMSELF known (a fact that should have been plainly evident to us were we not so corrupted) so that HE could be loved by us and that we have corrupted even that which has been made known? Could HIS love be best expressed as allowing this all to continue indefinitely? or HIS love seeking and providing for change? What does your love say?
- CalledToGloryVirtue - There is a lot to love about our future "Glory and Virtue". God would love to see all of our faces there. Can it be the same Glory and Virtue however if half the people there have been brought through a substantial and vibrant transformitive process by Christ and the other half are brought in by their own insistence and bullheadedness? One quarter? One millionth? Certainly, it would not be the same; that however is just the half of it. Is this everlasting Glory and Virtue to be filled with men and women who in this life had every opportunity to pass the invitation on and to become as the Lord led them living and present examples of it to others, but they did not? We can begin to sense the potential dilemma and absolute profundity of God's eventual judgment. It is a judgment that can only be made by God, requiring HIS extraordinarily precise determination of what is right and final.
- ExceedingPromisesPartakersDivineNature - What is it to be promised to partake of His divine nature, but to of our own volition not partake of it? When it is said "let us love one another for God is Love" or "he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God" what does that say when we do not? There are many within even our own Christian ranks that do not love one another as a whole, only those with whom they get along with. There are some that stand completely independent. Somehow I guess they justify that their love is the love of God; even though it so closely resembles the worldly sense of manufactured love so as to not be able to tell the human and divine form apart. The response might be that "I'm sorry, I just can't find it in my heart to love that bunch of .... Christians". Isn't it obvious that such people are not partaking of His divine nature as it is received? instead as self generated?
- EscapeCorruptionWorldLust - It is obvious that there are a great many breeds and versions of love that can be operated in. How many are successfully detached from any worldly influence might not add up to any at this point. How many are completely under the world's influence is likely too many to total. What makes the "like precious" Agape form most interesting is that it teaches that this love is not our love to begin with, it is God's love proved in the sacrifice of HIS only begotten Son shown upon us that once grasped more so becomes our love. No other belief makes a similar claim. It is HIS overwhelming influence upon us first and foremost and not just something innate that is us to issue to whatever extent to others as we please that this "like precious" form is about.
Curiously, such a distinction between love types and empowerments should clearly be observable between Christian and Non-Christian implementations, but somehow presently it is not (or seldom makes such clear distinction). One must ask "why that presently is". One will soon be asking in this series a similar question "why does Peter feel the need to spend the remainder of his ending life endeavoring to put us in constant remembrance of these things though we already know them"? The answer I will suggest is that our latent human tendency is to confuse the two opposing forms and in subtle else rank majority act forward out of the lesser human form. Peter says as much in the coming passage:
This truer form is the AgapeLove that is needing connected to the BrotherlyGodliness and all the other previous compound elements all the way back to the initial PistisFaith we began our discussion about diligent application of this FoundationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith series on. Everything about each of these compounds are given to us/influenced upon us by the righteousness and now AgapeLove of God and Savior. This is what we as servant and apostles of Jesus Christ now have the opportunity to be abundantly fruitful in as it applies to "all things pertaining to life and godliness" in, on a scale similar as then did our beloved brother SimonPeter.
Let us take immediate action then to seek out and receive our Lord's influence upon us in this day by excercising prayer study and meditation in this present consideration:
Remember that we are looking not just for answers but for the Lord to abundantly influence us in this area ( AboundFruitKnowledge ), to be able to apply it across the board ( AllDiligenceAdd ) and to not be shortsighted ( LackBlindPurged ) with either the resource nor the use of the direction HE is leading us.