Foundations of the Like Precious Faith SeriesLayman RandyP
The Foundations of the Like Precious Faith Series is an audio and online study series based upon the Apostle Peter's "Like Precious Faith" discourse kjv@2Peter:1. Peter's expressed purpose behind this epistle was to put future generations of believers back into remembrance of the essential elements of the Christian walk that we would need to operate from in order to be fruitful in the knowledge of Jesus Christ.
There are evidences nowadays of a severe lack of fruit in the knowledge of our Christ in both our personal lives as we struggle against the things that so easily "beset" us and universally as the "body of Christ" intending to carry the Gospel banner forward; fruitless evidences too numerous to count. Instead of counting the numerous evidences presently exhibited, I felt it best rather to explore the foundational elements outlined by Peter here and to focus on tangible ways to regain this described abundant fruitfulness.
Note: As you read the first time through this audio/study series, I believe that you will see immediate possibilities and actions that you can take to meet your present situation, but I am going to ask you to hold off from your initial impulse and understanding. There is a level of understanding that any man or women with or without Christ can come to/manufacture that without the truer regenerate revelation is merely just more of the half answers that we have all along attempted to apply to our situations and crises. Then there is the understanding and corresponding actions that only those "partaking of" Christ's divine nature can be brought into by the Holy Spirit. It is these answers that I feel you owe it to yourself and our Christ Jesus to seek further after. Be patient, be diligent, be prayerful and thorough, and I am confident that His Holy Spirit will lead us many believers through the rest.
Primary Text (Section 1):
Contextual Anchors - Foundations v1-4
Please familiarize yourself for now with each segment as we will be making use of each frequently when we start drawing together specific applications:
- New - SimonPeterServantApostleOfJesusChrist - A case study in regeneration, transformation, identity, being indwelled/guided by the Holy Spirit. Considerations of sanctification, calling, service, authority.
- New - ObtainedLikePreciousFaithThroughRighteousnessGodSavior - Considerations of faith and from where/in what it is obtained, what it is in, what it is because of.
- New - GracePeaceMultipliedKnowledge - Considerations of coming into the grace and peace of our Lord and Savior, that grace and peace being multiplied through the now present and continuing recognition and acknowledgement of everything He truly is and truly means to us, the effect of knowing Him in the fullest measure and stature has upon us.
- New - DivinePowerGivenAllThingsLifeGodliness - Considerations of what exactly God has provided here and now and in the future kingdom pertaining to our lives and godliness that is given for us to step out and forward on in order to be spiritually productive.
- New - CalledToGloryVirtue - Considerations of calling placed upon believers lives by Him, the process of using the situations of our present encounters to be stepping stones towards that glory and virtue ahead.
- ExceedingPromisesPartakersDivineNature - Considerations of the intended effect that the "Promised One" is to have upon believers through the receiving of His Holy Spirit and the contending for His Holy Faith.
- EscapeCorruptionWorldLust - Considerations of the course of this world, being dead in sins and trespasses, being by nature children of wrath, how even well intending believers being given escape from these shackles frequently resort back to this former nature.
- KnowledgeOfJesusChrist - Examinations of the greater more earnest recognition and acknowledgement of true fuller image of Christ that the scriptures themselves holds steady in place for us to be most beneficially influenced by.
Shall we get started then?
|^ FoundationsOfTheLikePreciousFaithSeries||> SimonPeterServantApostleOfJesusChrist|