|^ ApplicationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith||GodlyPatience >|
This is the fourth of seven compound elements identified by Peter focused on the living and diligent actions of the "like precious" faith.
1. Temperance - Egkrateia
Quoted resource: strongs 'G1466'
- strkjv@2Peter:1:6 @ And to knowledge temperance G1466; and to temperance G1466 patience; and to patience godliness;
- strkjv@Acts:24:25 @ And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance G1466, and judgment to come , Felix trembled , and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.
- strkjv@Galatians:5:23 @ Meekness, temperance G1466: against such there is no law.
Quoted resource: strongs 'G5281'
- MAJOR SUBJECTS:
- THE GOD OF kjv@Romans:15:5
- OF THE SCRIPTURES kjv@Romans:15:4
- OF CHRIST kjv@Revelation:3:10
- OF JOB kjv@James:5:11
- OF SAINTS kjv@Revelation:13:10 kjv@Revelation:14:12
- KNOWN BY CHRIST kjv@Revelation:2:2-3 kjv@Revelation:2:19
- WAITING FOR CHRIST kjv@2Thessalonians:3:5 kjv@Revelation:1:9
- AS ENDURING kjv@2Corinthians:1:6 kjv@2Thessalonians:1:4 kjv@James:1:3 kjv@James:5:11 kjv@Romans:5:3 kjv@Romans:8:25
- IN KEEPING COMMANDMENTS/FAITH OF JESUS kjv@Revelation:14:12
- WORK OF kjv@1Thessalonians:1:3 kjv@James:1:4 kjv@Romans:2:7 kjv@Romans:5:4
- HAVING NEED OF kjv@Hebrews:10:36
- FOLLOWED AFTER kjv@1Timothy:6:11
- STRENGTHENED UNTO ALL kjv@Colossians:1:11
- LETS US RUN WITH kjv@Hebrews:12:1 kjv@Luke:21:19
- APPROVING OURSELVES IN kjv@2Corinthians:6:4
- SIGN OF AN APOSTLE kjv@2Corinthians:12:12 kjv@2Timothy:3:10
- ADDED TO BY GODLINESS kjv@2Peter:1:6
- BE SOUND IN kjv@Titus:2:2
We were just talking about temperance as it applied to knowledge, now we are to consider patience as it applies to temperance.
- SimonPeter - Perhaps rather than going to Peter or Paul in this matter we should go directly to the source of patience: God HIMSELF. How long has God been patient and employed HIS temperance to see HIS results? Likely since before creation. Should HE now think that given this amount of time that somewhere along the way that HE should have been a little more angry or a little more loving or a lot more off the hook sporadic and in our face about it? It could well be anything more or less of HIS effort could have made things between us all the worse; we just don't know. We just have to trust that in way that HE has approached all of this just right.
- ServantApostleOf - Where does that leave us then as HIS servants and apostles? In the grand scheme of things it leaves us waiting for HIS ultimate move to close this world down. In the mean time however it leaves us to the doing the things that HE needs done on earth in advance of that; that means to get moving forward in the "like precious" faith. Yes that means evangelism and proselytizing in the large scale, but it also means getting out from under the many things that so easily beset us, the things for which you turned to this FoundationsOfTheLikePreciousFaithSeries to get done. Service in that way comes ahead of the service in the broader view.
- FaithObtainedThroughRighteousnessGodSavior - What does patience and temperance and now righteousness have to say to us about why there is so much suffering in the world at this time while HE waits? Think how much more trouble and suffering that there would be in this world had HE not actively planted what has already planted and in many things already accomplished. Think of the hell this world would be if HE suddenly took HIS establishments away. The better question is: why haven't those so seemingly concerned about this suffering taken firm hold of what HE has already planted and brought what is already there to fruition? This is what the "like precious" faith is all about: it begins with the simple presumption of God's righteousness in all things; even withholding for now the end (otherwise the beginning).
- GracePeaceMultipliedKnowledgeGodJesus - Grace and peace (as we patiently await His second coming even as we endure such tribulation and suffering) requires faith/virtue/knowledge/temperance that can only be found and increased in the knowledge of Jesus Christ - God's Righteous Branch. Grace and peace in most other religious vanes is simply grace and peace with God not at all existing, or God keeping HIMSELF quiet while watching upon our amusing frantic horror, being born to the wrong caste, being born to a most odd illusion, or worse that you can with good works squeak your way out of this leaving the less good or productive behind. Are you really at grace and peace with any one of those options spiritually?
- DivinePowerGivenAllThingsLifeGodliness - One might rationalize that if all things are given by God then all things are lawful to desire and pursue. The issue however is not all that God hath given, it is all the we (the world) does to corrupt it. The way of thinking through this is that not only has God given us "all things" in a broad general sense he has so too given us the "all things" required not to corrupt it. Even with this specific "all things" we still attempt to corrupt it; quite successfully might I add, even the knowledge of Jesus Christ. It is not that the un-corrupted influence God has given is not sufficient, it is that it requires first of all temperance and then patience to set in. It is almost that we have to be proven to sincerely desire it and intend it to be in our lives.
- CalledToGloryVirtue - Recall that in the Garden "all" the fruit of all the trees God had provided were permissible but one. Man was neither temperate nor patient with all that. Now in this temporal quarantine the righteous man has only to be temperate and patient with the fruit of one tree (the "like precious" faith in the righteousness of Jesus) and yet it seems most difficult for him even to do that. Which is it at blame intemperance with all or intemperance with one, patience with all or patience with one? Is is not the tendency towards the avoidance anything "God"? the preference for all things "ours"? The glory and virtue called to by this phrase is not the ultimate glory and virtue of our many corruptions, it is the complete absence of our for HIS.
- ExceedingPromisesPartakersDivineNature - Sometimes with patience there is nothing tangible to remain anchored to but a promise. Even then it is hard to keep hold of the promise unless you know something of the nature of the one who made it to you. If you feel even that slipping it is not necessarily the time to finally let go, be temperate, it is the time to know something more about your promise maker.
- EscapeCorruptionWorldLust - What can be done to separate us from the fulfillment of God's promise? All of the scriptures echo in unison: "nothing". The promises of God are all yea, there are none that are given conditionally. Now beneath the cover of that unconditional promise lesser covenants might be cooperatively instituted, each party having a share and a role in that binding agreement. This where quite a bit of the Gentiles confusion (even contempt) for Israel comes from. Israel has certainly at times broken covenants, yet the promise of God stands in tact. I mention this because both the corrupt natural (even religious/even parts Christian) world and the satanic have gone out of their way to say that this not so; even with genocidal intents.
Lest it be already forgotten, let us remember what the temperance of the "like precious faith is all about; in hope that we can better foresee what this new added patience is likely directed towards being.
The "like precious" faith is to be a faith on equal standing with the Apostles, it is obtained solely through the righteousness of God and Savior, it is to produce an abundant fruitfulness that can only be produced in the divine and uncorrupted knowledge of Jesus Christ. Being that the vast majority of us presently are unfamiliar and uncomfortable with just that, it is almost easier to state what this "like precious" faith is not. It is not whatever we are able to make the best out of the suit our own good intentions, it is not something added now that improves upon what we all ready have or have made ourselves to be, it is not something that any other man of any other faith can emulate minus the direct effect of person and righteousness of Jesus Christ effects upon him.
- How long will it take for a man whom for all his life has only been operating in the familiar temperance he himself is able to produce to revert back to his old manufactured ways if he doesn't see immediate results in the like precious mode of operation? The answer shockingly is typically before he even gets started applying the "like precious".
- A man can be patient with his own form of temperance throughout the thirty years of his substance addiction, but not one moment with the form God would have to give him. Why is that?
- A husband can be patient and temperate on his own terms with a broken marriage thirteen years until his kids are grown out of the house, but not for one second with God's. Why is that?
- A wife by her own form of manufactured patience and temperance be submissive to her abusive husband anger fifty years, but how long will she allow herself to be patient and temperate with him by God's form?
There is a most odd expectation that we place upon God that everything HE does HE does miraculously within the blink of an eye; that if HE doesn't do it complete within that blink of an eye it isn't HIM doing it, else nothing is being done, else God is sleeping or worse doesn't HE care or exist. All because of what? All because of a most unreasonable expectation that we place upon HIM?
Not only is the "like precious" faith built upon the God and Savior's righteousness (meaning whatever they do and how/when they are going to do it is unalterably right) it is built because of that upon us being at grace and peace with them and whatever/however/whenever they see fit. In terms of temperance it means to stay within the framework set. In terms of patience it means to allow for any amount of time the Lord sees fit for all the rest of the framework to take ample effect. It never means to sit on one's hands and wait, it always means to continue to work on and in the framework in all areas across the board to advance forward.
It may not be patience specifically that the Lord is working to establish in you at a particular moment, it may be valor let's say at this particular time, but you are nonetheless going to have to have the patience for that valor to be built up in you before proceeding. The stage after that may be brotherly kindness to which you may need additional patience. If you can keep yourself working on and working in the framework, your diligence in all things will be serving you/HIM well towards the ultimate fruitfulness.
Let us take immediate action then to seek out and receive our Lord's influence upon us in this day by excercising prayer study and meditation in this present consideration:
Remember that we are looking not just for answers but for the Lord to abundantly influence us in this area ( AboundFruitKnowledge ), to be able to apply it across the board ( AllDiligenceAdd ) and to not be shortsighted ( LackBlindPurged ) with either the resource nor the use of the direction HE is leading us.
|^ ApplicationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith||GodlyPatience >|