|^ ApplicationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith||PatientTemperance >|
1. Knowledge - Gnosis
Quoted resource: strongs 'G1108'
- MAJOR SUBJECTS:
- OF GOD ARE DEEP RICHES kjv@Romans:11:33
- HIDDEN IN CHRIST kjv@Colossians:2:3
- GOD MANIFESTS kjv@2Corinthians:2:14
- IN FACE OF JESUS kjv@2Corinthians:4:6
- ENRICHED IN ALL THINGS BY CHRIST kjv@1Corinthians:1:5
- LOVE OF CHRIST WHICH PASSES kjv@Ephesians:3:19
- ALL THINGS COUNTED BUT LOSS FOR kjv@Philippians:3:8
- AS SPIRITUAL GIFT kjv@1Corinthians:12:8 kjv@1Corinthians:13:8 kjv@1Corinthians:14:6
- AS MINISTERS APPROVED kjv@2Corinthians:6:6 kjv@2Corinthians:11:6
- AS ABOUNDING IN kjv@2Corinthians:8:7 kjv@Romans:15:14
- ADD TO/GROW IN kjv@2Peter:1:5-6 kjv@2Peter:3:18
- NOTHING WITHOUT CHARITY kjv@1Corinthians:13:2
- DWELL WITH WIFE ACCORDING TO kjv@1Peter:3:7
- HAVING A FORM OF kjv@Romans:2:20
- PUFFETH UP kjv@1Corinthians:8:1
- EXALTING ITSELF AGAINST THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD kjv@2Corinthians:10:5
- EFFECTING ANOTHER'S CONSCIENCE kjv@1Corinthians:8:7 kjv@1Corinthians:8:10-11
- AS SCIENCE kjv@1Timothy:6:20
2. Temperance - Egkrateia
Quoted resource: strongs 'G1466'
- strkjv@2Peter:1:6 @ And to knowledge temperance G1466; and to temperance G1466 patience; and to patience godliness;
- strkjv@Acts:24:25 @ And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance G1466, and judgment to come , Felix trembled , and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.
- strkjv@Galatians:5:23 @ Meekness, temperance G1466: against such there is no law.
- SimonPeter - As you now know, Peter is being used as our banner for uncommon transformation (unobtainable without Christ) and abundant spiritual productivity in this series. We are now considering those articles in terms of a better God influenced temperance and GnosisKnowledge. As for temperance, the Lord shared a vision with me during a loved ones most crucial crisis, this of many dear souls shaken till tumbling down a precipitous hill crashing into an immovable massive ominous rock. Their overwhelming instinctive reaction was to gather up the shattered pieces of their broken lives, to try rebuilding their lives best as the many pieces fit back together. The spiritual leading given however was to instead focus on the Lord's light pulsing above, to rise above the dust and rubble and to move up the rock to a better view of the light. Getting these dear souls to continue in that direction became the challenge in this vision as they always wanted to circle back to the former wreckage rather than the presently occurring deliverance; it seemed by baser instinct all that they knew to do. I see this challenge very much speaking to temperance. We combine that with the gnosis and we begin to understand it as a compound of a very much new and different character.
- ServantApostleOf - How is this TemperateKnowledge different then as it effects what we are then servant and apostle to? In actuality especially in times of crises, it could mean the difference between serving our baser instincts or our impulsive reactions or our pride or sense of hurt or any number of other distractions apart from the truer coarse of serving our Lord. What we know after the crises could well be what we knew before the crises even occurred. Not only is it damaged now it is likely the same knowledge that couldn't save us from the fall and quite possibly the that drove us down the hill into such crises from the very beginning. To serve that knowledge base now is to serve it just as we had been serving it all the time before. It is likely to have the same un-transformed and unproductive results as well. Admittedly, it is however what we are most comfortable and habitually prone to do; even at times doing so in what we would think to be in the name of the Lord.
- FaithObtainedThroughRighteousnessGodSavior - What the recovering addict obtains by this human form is a faith that always just one bad day away from going back, the rehabilitating couple always having to buffer their words, the suicidal teen always having to fight off the never completely emptied impulses, the angry man remains just one outburst away. It is a victory obtained yes but just barely, a transformation certainly, a self control or a temperance okay, yet filled with frightful potentials still hovering over them. These hollow victories remain of the class that any man with or without Christ Jesus can force himself to obtain and not anything more. Better is the substantive faith obtained through the fuller revealed understanding and living acknowledgement of the righteousness of God and Savior.
- GracePeaceMultipliedKnowledgeGodJesus - There is a TemperateKnowledge formed of fear and timidness, one of human pride and confidence, one of human intellect and self justification, and one forged by the grace and peace between us and our righteous God and Savior. Which of these four temperance's do you project will carry one the furthest towards true transformation and spiritual productivity? For some the grace and peace is that this is just the way things are and I'll just have to deal with that. For others it is that God is fully in control and that in Him all things will be one day proved to have worked for the betterment of those who love Him.
- DivinePowerGivenAllThingsLifeGodliness - "Given" is a much different word than self "manufactured". Anything manufactured can be corrupted and likely is corrupted from it's very inception. That is not to say that it wasn't well intended. Intention typically is the thing that sold us on the idea of manufacturing a course of action to begin with. Neither does the word "corrupted" necessarily mean evil, it can just as easily mean failing or unsustainable as well. Man manufactures most everything he sees this life as being, including his own identity within it and the perceived identities and rationale of those around him. One can even question how much a man truly knows about the one he loves and cares for the most that wasn't somehow heavily influenced by the manufacturing of his own will and intention. Even the very best of our living can be seen in some sense as failing because it is indeed manufactured. The opposite of this in a spiritual sense is to be externally influenced, in this case by an incorruptible source: Jesus; the more the better. Let us be temperate in the knowledge of that!
- CalledToGloryVirtue - Temperate Knowledge. Might it be as simply stated as: having been given this calling... this is what I will be on the way to becoming and thereby choose to do and know. How can such a calling to such a glory and virtue be (as determined by the vain of heart) narrow minded? Should temperance be thought narrow as a 12 note tempered piano scale when from that scale so many infinite different songs can be sung and joined in by all others? The twelve note tempered scale is what has established itself to be at the musical universe's center; so to has the righteousness of God and Savior in the spiritual universe. Many now may be adverse to that centrality, but they of course lack the traction themselves to make it anything different.
- ExceedingPromisesPartakersDivineNature - Think of all the things Peter was promised by Jesus. He was promised to be a fisher of men; he was made that. He was bid to walk on water; he was made to do that (until he limited down to his own faith). He was promised that He would never forsake nor leave him; he never was (even after denying Christ three times). He was promised that they would meet again after his Lord's resurrection from the dead at the Sea of Galilee; Jesus cooked him fish on the shore line. He was promised to be given the Holy Comforter; he received it on Pentecost. He was promised to do "greater things than these"; he in number with the other believers have been part of a tremendous number. He was promised to drink of the sacrificial cup from which Jesus had first drunk from; he did by his own crucifixion at the hands of men he did not know years later. In all of these many times and experiences he was able to partake of Jesus' divine nature and he was much glad for every bit of it.
- EscapeCorruptionWorldLust - Is there anything so great as the knowledge of God in Christ? Why then corrupt it by what we think that we know? By what we assume to be the way this will go? By the time frames that we expect? By what all in addition to this we can add into the mix? By what our un-invested neighbors or coworkers want to propose? Not all knowledge is knowledge, not if all forms except for God's is in some form shortsighted or logically corrupted. You can see where there is the need for temperance and needing to know Christ as an anchor before all other things!
It is at temperance that the flesh is the weakest; the flesh does little in the way of producing temperance on it's own. This is especially true as it comes to knowledge. We grasp for answers, any answers, the more concise the better, as if at a smorgasbord of answers without first seeking any general direction. Knowledge as required by the "like precious" faith is better described not as answers per se but as a person (in the person of Jesus Christ) leading in a divinely determined direction. Follow that direction in all things and the answers needed will be added unto you. Hunger and thirst for Him and your increasing acquaintance with Him and you will be blessed.
Let us take immediate action then to seek out and receive our Lord's influence upon us in this day by excercising prayer study and meditation in this present consideration:
Remember that we are looking not just for answers but for the Lord to abundantly influence us in this area ( AboundFruitKnowledge ), to be able to apply it across the board ( AllDiligenceAdd ) and to not be shortsighted ( LackBlindPurged ) with either the resource nor the use of the direction HE is leading us.
|^ ApplicationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith||PatientTemperance >|