AdvancedUse > Pbiblx2CreateWikiContent - rRandyP
A brief guide on writing your own wiki content.
Advantage of a note wiki
The initial concept behind intigrating pBiblx2 with it's own wiki mechanism was to allow others to easily contribute their own content.
As this is not a encyclopedic wiki in the truest sense, through trial and error I found that the mechanism itself was the best way to integrate personal notes into the system. Not only could one produce content in plain text, one could add some simple syntax structures to add text formatting and direct links pictures etc... Later, it occurred to me that the mechanism could also be used for more than notes, it could be used for presentations.
In the course of producing much of the initial pBiblx2 PCARR wiki content, I have some tips and suggestions for you help you to acclaimate.
- If your are not hosting your own pBiblx2 server you'll need to register yourself with the system administrator first. UserContribution
- Get you idea down in your mMyPad space before you loose it.
- Once jotted down, try to think of your idea in smaller re-usable units that can be collected into a greater whole.
- Eventually, I'll typically move my early content to a full fledged text editor.
- When there is enough content to begin focusing on wiki syntax have some of my example content nearby.
- Remember that wiki content should also serve as Presentation content.
- Don't become overly preachy.
( Return to parent thread: AdvancedUse )