The Road to Salvation
(from The Epistle to the Romans)
The Roman Road: The path to salvation in Christ Jesus is straight forward and uncomplicated. From the letter written by the Apostle Paul to the early Roman church we find a stop by stop map of the greater context of Old and New Testaments
1. Acknowledge our proper relationship to God our creator.
kjv@Romans:1:20-21 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened".
2. Realize that "all" have sinned and are in need of forgiveness.
kjv@Romans:3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God";
3. Know that God's didn't wait for us before making HIS move.
kjv@Romans:5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us".
4. Accept that God's move intends to purchase willing sinners out of eternal death.
kjv@Romans:6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord".
5. Confess and believe that Jesus Christ as affirmed and presented by God is your Lord.
kjv@Romans:10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation".
6. Call upon name of Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
kjv@Romans:10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved".
7. New life is of Him/through Him/to His glory
kjv@Romans:11:36 "For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen".