|^ Return to: BackToPsalmsSeries|
(page last updated: Aug 13 2019)
Psalms 10: kjv
Today's Audio Commentary: "Profile: The Wicked"
| Psalm:10 Reading
| Part 1 > Profile of the Wicked - Introduction
| Part 2 > What the Wicked are Saying
| Part 3 > What the Wicked are Doing
| Part 4 > Why the Wicked are Saying and Doing
| Part 5 > The Effectiveness of the Wicked
| Part 6 > Profile - Initial Conclusions
| Psalm:10 "Profile of the Wicked" (commentary as one file)
Today's Commentary Outline:
- Approach Psalm 10 a little different today
- Previous list compiled to develop a general profile of "the Wicked":
- What they are saying
- What they are doing
- Why they are doing it
- The effectiveness of
- Frequency of use for saints of old/determining where wicked may be for saints of today.
- Desire to not bias you one way or the other until I later offer my humble conclusions.
- My hope that today's profile will help us better understand previous and upcoming Psalm considerations.
- kjv@Psalms:5:9 No faithfulness (stand errect/perpendicular) in their mouth (blowing/speech), throat open sepulcher (Rom:3:13 = Jew/Gentile/All), flattering (smooth) tongue
- kjv@Psalms:10:3 boasts (shine/make a show) hearts desire (longing), blesseth (kneels - act of adoration or vice-versa as benefit) covetous (break off/plunder)
- kjv@Psalms:10:4-12 puffeth at enemies (blow/scoff), said shall not be moved (slip/fall) or be in adversity (evil/harm), mouth full of deceit (craft/subtilty) + fraud (cutting in pieces/oppression), under tongue is mischief (toil/wearing effort) + vanity (panting), said in heart God has forgotten/hidden/will never see
- kjv@Psalms:17:10 with mouth speak proudly (excellent/lifting things)
- kjv@Psalms:36:1-4 flatter (smooths) himself, words are iniquity (exerted in vain) + deciet (fraud/craft/subtle)
- kjv@Psalms:58:3 soon as born speaking (arranging) lies (falsehood),
- kjv@Psalms:64:2-6 whet (pierce) their tongue like sword (cutting instrument/sharp implement), shoot their arrows even bitter words, encourage (fasten/make strong) themselves in a evil (naturally or morally bad) matter (cause)
- kjv@Psalms:73:8-9 they are corrupt + speak wickedly (bad/evil naturally or morally) concerning opression (injury/fraud), they speak loftily (altitude/elevated place), mouth set against the heavens (skies), tounge walketh through the earth
- Possible future excercise = quietly observe the crowd dynamics of a public protest/march/disturbance (not saying that a particular civil cause is not right but, that they are easily overtaken by wicked conversation) (not that this is the only place to observe this dynamic)
- kjv@Psalms:10:2 in pride (arrogance/majesty) doth persecute (flame/inflame/kindle) poor (depressed in mind/circumstance)
- kjv@Psalms:10:5-12 ways (trodden road) are grievous (twisting/spraling), sits (to judge) in lurking (ambush) places, in the secret (concealed) places doth murder (smite with deadly intent) the innocent (blameless/clean), eyes privily_set_against (hide/hoard/reserve - unfavorably) the poor (dark/unhappy/unfortunate), laying in wait to catch (clutch/seize/imprison) poor (depressed in mind/circumstance), crouching (collapse/contrite)/humbling (sink/depress) himself self that poor (intrenched army) may fall by his strong ones (powerful/numerous)
- kjv@Psalms:11:2 bend bow (ready/take aim), privily (dark/obscure) shoot (flow as water/rain) at upright (straight/just) of heart (feeling/will/intellect)
- kjv@Psalms:17:9-12 oppress (burly/powerful/impregegnable) me, compass me about (strike from all sides), like lion greedy (pale/pining after) of prey, lurking (sit down as to judge)
- kjv@Psalms:22:16 assembly of (concourse/company/congregation)
- kjv@Psalms:27:2 came upon (approached) me to eat (consume) my flesh (body/resemblance)
- kjv@Psalms:37:12 plots against (plans evil) the just (lawful), gnashes (grates) upon (the just) with teeth
- kjv@Psalms:37:14 drawn sword, bent bow to cast out poor (depressed in mind/circumstance) and needy (destitue), slay upright (straight) of conversation (road/course of life)
- kjv@Psalms:37:32 watcheth (peers from a distance) righteous (just) seeking (praying) to slay (kill dead) him
- kjv@Psalms:55:3-6 oppression (constraining) of.., cast (as to slip/fall) iniquity (vain panting) at me, in wrath (huff through nostril) hate (persecute/oppose against) me
- kjv@Psalms:64:2-6 secret counsel (session/close deliberation) of.., insurrection (tumultous crowd) of workers (systematic and habitual doers) of iniquity (vain exertion), shoot (flow of water/rain) in secret (concealed) at perfect (morally pious) without fear, commune (mark/tally/inscribe/enumerate) of laying snares (noose/trap) privily, search out (conceal oneself/mask) iniquities (moralevil/perversness), accomplish (complete) a diligent (conceal oneself/mask) search (covert/trick)
- kjv@Psalms:71:4 unrighteous (distort morally/deal unjustly) and cruel man (pungent/sour) (note: requiring hand of God to deliver from)
- kjv@Psalms:109:3-5 compassed (surround/border) me about with words of hatred (exceeding hate), fought against (fed on/warred) me without cause (gratis/devoid of reason or advantage), rewarded (put) me evil (naturally or morally bad) for good and hatred (exceeding) for love
- kjv@Psalms:119:53 forsake (loosen/relinquish) thy law (precept - especially Decalogue/Pentateuch)
- kjv@Psalms:119:61 bands (rope/measuring line) of.. have robbed (duplicate or repeat robbing) me
- kjv@Psalms:119:110 laid snares (a spring net) for me
- kjv@Psalms:129:4 cords (intwined - string/wreath/rope) of.. (note: requiring God cutting assunder)
- (note: the picture here is of a lot of secrecy and planning and efforts to engratiate self/cause to the poor in order to incite them against the just. They work in league with other like puposed persons and groups. They incite them via covetneousness, self exaltation and deceit, purposelly and repeatedly destroying the good character of the just, oppressing the just, loosening the restraints of morality and ethics, intimadation of by power/numbers/public perception of this being bigger than any one person or group of persons).
- kjv@Psalms:10:4-12 will not seek after God (Eloheem), not in thoughts (plan - usually evil), said God forgotten (mislay/be oblivious) him + he hides HIS face (plural faces (but always used as singular)) + will never see it
- kjv@Psalms:10:13 contemns (scorns) God, says God will not require (follow to pursue further) it
- kjv@Psalms:28:5 regards (seperate mentally/distinquish) not the works of Lord not operation of hand
- kjv@Psalms:34:21 they that hate (utterly) the righteous (lawful/just)
- kjv@Psalms:36:1-4 no fear of God before eyes, left off (flabby/desist/lack/cease) to be wise (circumspect) + to do good (beautiful/happy)
- kjv@Psalms:52:7 made not God his strength (fortified place), trusted (hie for refuge) in the abundance of his own riches (far richer riches), strengthened (stout/harden) himself in his wickedness (sense of eagerly coveting and rushing upon)
- kjv@Psalms:58:3-5 estranged (turned aside) from womb.. go astray (vacilate/reel/stray) soon as born, their poison (heat/anger/hot displeasure) like serpent, deaf like ader that stoppeth (close/contract/window jamb/shut) her ear
- kjv@Psalms:109:4 for my love they are my adversaries (attackers/accusers/resistors)
- kjv@Psalms:119:155 salvation far (remote) from, they seek not thy statutes (enactment/appointment)
- kjv@Psalms:139:20 take (lift) thy name in vain (sense of desolating/destructive/ruin)
- kjv@Psalms:140:8 exalt (actively raise/bring up/extol) themselves
- (note: the picture here is of enmity with God their maker and utter hatred toward those are no longer enemies with God by God's saving grace. We are all born of this. Mercifully we are not all sentenced to remain in it!)
- kjv@Psalms:12:8 the wicked walk on every side (cicle) when vilest (shaking/tempest) men are exalted (raised high)
- kjv@Psalms:17:10 inclosed (shut up/surrendered/given over) in their own fat (to be fat, richest or choice part)
- kjv@Psalms:37:7 prospers (pushes forward/break out/come mightily) in his way, bringing wicked_devices (plan = evil) to pass
- kjv@Psalms:37:21 borrows and payeth not again
- kjv@Psalms:37:35-38 seen in great power like green bay tree
- kjv@Psalms:55:3-6 my heart sore pained, terrors of death, fearfulness, trembling overwhelmed me
- kjv@Psalms:73:3-9 no bands in their death, not in trouble as others nor plagued, pride compasseth, violence covers as garment, eyes stand out with fattness
- kjv@Psalms:92:7 spring up as grass/florishes
- kjv@Psalms:107:34 fruitful land becomes bareness
- kjv@Psalms:141:4 eating dainties (with men that work iniquity)
- (note: the picture here is of wickedness being quite effective and prosperous; even to the point in some psalms of nearly being enviable. It appears to be a frequent contention of saints with God. If it can be that for the saint, think of draw it would have over the simple minded and poor)
- What we have not considered today = What will become of the Wicked in the end and why.
- Interesting how Psalm 10 is laid out
- How it starts off:
Psalms 10:1 kjv
- How it ends up:
Psalms 10:17-18 kjv
- The suggestion is that the time between now and then has something to do with preparing the humble's heart ahead of judgment. Preparing the heart how? The temporary trial from the wicked has some part in it.
- The cry suddenly calls out for God's action against the wicked. Why?
Psalms 10:12 kjv
- In some cases ( example = kjv@Psalms:109 ) the cry is going out for the here and now.
Psalms 109:8-11 kjv
- In some cases ( example = kjv@Psalms:21:9 ) the cry is going out for a final recogning.
Psalms 21:9 kjv
- Just as numerous as these many verses profiling the wicked are the verses profiling God's righteous.
- In this psalm (and others) the mind set of the saint is partially revealed
Psalms 10:2 kjv
Psalms 10:14 kjv
Psalms 10:15-16 kjv
- The wicked is always pictured as coming to an eventual but determinate end by the direct hand of God. The saint is always pictured crying out for that time to be now by God's power.
- Caution - Not everyone that we think meets certan characteristics in today's profile is wicked (wicked vs wickedness(?))
- It is interesting to hear what type of persons saints in the past have thought these most wicked to be.
- Presidents/Dictators/Kings/Rulers/Ruling Bodies/Govenments/Govermental Systems/Deep States/Political Parties or Macevellian Ideologies
- World Trade Organization/United Nations/Trilateral Commission/Federal Reserve
- Popes/Counter Reformational Jesuits/Illuminatee/Free Masons/Satanists/Wickens/Etc...
- Could be any or all of these (?).
- Could be a few or none (?).
- Funny how we are prone to seeing anything opposing our own interests as being "wicked".
- Funny how we are prone to seeing anything we adhere to as being "righteous".
- Best example for our consideration is who our LORD was up against politcally and religiously
- Next best way to discern the wicked is to observe the one being scripturally marked out as being the "Wicked One"
- What is important is for the saint is to know the profile, be aware/recognise, humble one's self, by God's grace and provision stand against it, not simply cowar to it.
- What is important for the saint is constant be of a heart being prepared and to know the direction God is constantly moving in response to it.