Epithumia - Lust
Quoted resource: strongs 'G1939'
- OF FLESH/EYES/PRIDE/MIND kjv@1John:2:16 @ For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
- OF OWN HEART kjv@Romans:1:24 @ Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
- OF WORLD/NOT FATHER kjv@1John:2:16 @ For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
- OF UNCLEANNESS/SELF WILL/DESPISING AUTHORITIES kjv@2Peter:2:10 @ But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
- FORMER IN IGNORANCE/YOUTH kjv@1Peter:1:14 @ As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
- AS STRONG SEXUAL DESIRE/CONCUPISCENCE kjv@1Thessalonians:4:5 @ Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
- AFFECTIONS/COVET kjv@Galatians:5:24 @ And they that are Christs have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
- TEMPTED BY kjv@James:1:14-15 @ But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
- SERVED/DIVERS kjv@Titus:3:3 @ For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
- ARE DECEITFUL kjv@Ephesians:4:22 @ That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
- BY RICHES kjv@1Timothy:6:9 @ But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
- OF SCOFFERS kjv@2Peter:3:3 @ Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
- TO HAVE WROUGHT THE WILL OF GENTILES kjv@1Peter:4:3 @ For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
- CORRUPTION/DESTRUCTION kjv@2Peter:1:4 @ Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
- OWN DOCTRINE WILL BE AFTER kjv@2Timothy:4:3 @ For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
- USED OF FALSE PROPHETS kjv@2Timothy:3:6 @ For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
- TO PASS AWAY/CONTRAST DOING GODS WILL FOREVER kjv@1John:2:17 @ And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
- AS RIGHTEOUS DESIRE kjv@1Thessalonians:2:17 @ But we, brethren, being taken from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavoured the more abundantly to see your face with great desire.
kjv@1Peter:2:11 @ Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
kjv@1Peter:4:2 @ That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
kjv@2Peter:2:18 @ For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
kjv@Ephesians:2:3 @ Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
kjv@Galatians:5:16 @ This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
kjv@Romans:6:12 @ Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
kjv@Romans:13:14 @ But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
kjv@2Timothy:2:22 @ Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
kjv@Colossians:3:5 @ Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
kjv@Romans:7:8 @ But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
kjv@Romans:7:7 @ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid . Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
kjv@Jude:1:16 @ These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having mens persons in admiration because of advantage.
kjv@Jude:1:18 @ How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
kjv@Titus:2:12 @ Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
kjv@Revelation:18:14 @ And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
kjv@Philippians:1:23 @ For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: