2Peter 1:5 kjv
1. Virtue - Aretē
Quoted resource: strongs 'G703'
@ ἀρέτη aretē ar-et'-ay From the same as G730; properly manliness (valor) that is excellence (intrinsic or attributed): - praise virtue.
- strkjv@1Peter:2:9 @ But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises G703 of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
- strkjv@2Peter:1:3 @ According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue G703:
- strkjv@2Peter:1:5 @ And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue G703; and to virtue G703 knowledge;
- strkjv@Philippians:4:8 @ Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue G703, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
2. Knowledge - Gnosis
Quoted resource: strongs 'G1108'
G1108(see: Word study GnosisKnowledge or sl[102@GnosisKnowledge])
@ γνῶσις gnōsis gno'-sis From G1097; knowing (the act) that is (by implication) knowledge: - knowledge science.
- MAJOR SUBJECTS:
- OF GOD ARE DEEP RICHES kjv@Romans:11:33
- HIDDEN IN CHRIST kjv@Colossians:2:3
- GOD MANIFESTS kjv@2Corinthians:2:14
- IN FACE OF JESUS kjv@2Corinthians:4:6
- ENRICHED IN ALL THINGS BY CHRIST kjv@1Corinthians:1:5
- LOVE OF CHRIST WHICH PASSES kjv@Ephesians:3:19
- ALL THINGS COUNTED BUT LOSS FOR kjv@Philippians:3:8
- AS SPIRITUAL GIFT kjv@1Corinthians:12:8 kjv@1Corinthians:13:8 kjv@1Corinthians:14:6
- AS MINISTERS APPROVED kjv@2Corinthians:6:6 kjv@2Corinthians:11:6
- AS ABOUNDING IN kjv@2Corinthians:8:7 kjv@Romans:15:14
- ADD TO/GROW IN kjv@2Peter:1:5-6 kjv@2Peter:3:18
- NOTHING WITHOUT CHARITY kjv@1Corinthians:13:2
- DWELL WITH WIFE ACCORDING TO kjv@1Peter:3:7
- HAVING A FORM OF kjv@Romans:2:20
- PUFFETH UP kjv@1Corinthians:8:1
- EXALTING ITSELF AGAINST THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD kjv@2Corinthians:10:5
- EFFECTING ANOTHER'S CONSCIENCE kjv@1Corinthians:8:7 kjv@1Corinthians:8:10-11
- AS SCIENCE kjv@1Timothy:6:20