As described by God's holiness(Compiled by R.A. Torrey dict:torrey Holiness )
- Holiness of God:
- Is incomparable kjv@Exodus:15:11 @ Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?
- Exhibited in his Character kjv@Psalms:22:3 @ But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
- Exhibited in his Name kjv@Isaiah:57:15 @ For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
- Exhibited in his Words kjv@Psalms:60:6 @ God hath spoken in his holiness; I will rejoice, I will divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.
- Exhibited in his Works kjv@Psalms:145:17 @ The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
- Exhibited in his Kingdom kjv@Psalms:47:8 @ God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness.
- Is pledged for the fulfilment of His promises kjv@Psalms:89:35 @ Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
- Is pledged for the fulfilment of His judgments kjv@Amos:4:2 @ The Lord GOD hath sworn by his holiness, that, lo, the days shall come upon you, that he will take you away with hooks, and your posterity with fishhooks.
- Saints are commanded to imitate kjv@Leviticus:11:44 @ For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
- Saints should praise kjv@Psalms:30:4 @ Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
- Should produce reverential fear kjv@Revelation:15:4 @ Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.
- Requires holy service kjv@Joshua:24:19 @ And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.
- Heavenly hosts adore kjv@Isaiah:6:3 @ And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
- Should be magnified kjv@1Chronicles:16:10 kjv@Psalms:48:1 kjv@Psalms:99:3 kjv@Psalms:99:5 kjv@Revelation:15:4 kjv@1Chronicles:16:10 @ Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
kjv@1Samuel:2:2 @ There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
kjv@John:17:11 @ And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
kjv@Luke:1:49 @ For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
kjv@Jeremiah:23:9 @ Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the LORD, and because of the words of his holiness.
kjv@Matthew:13:41 @ The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
kjv@Revelation:21:27 @ And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
kjv@1Corinthians:6:9 @ Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
kjv@1Corinthians:6:10 @ Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
kjv@1Peter:1:15-16 @ But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
kjv@Psalms:93:5 @ Thy testimonies are very sure: holiness becometh thine house, O LORD, for ever.
kjv@Revelation:4:8 @ And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
kjv@Psalms:48:1 @ Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.
kjv@Psalms:99:3 @ Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy.
kjv@Psalms:99:5 @ Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool; for he is holy.
kjv@Revelation:15:4 @ Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.